Varicose veins in the legs of women are the enlargement of the veins in the lower extremities, located on the surface.
The blood becomes stagnant in them and the general blood flow is disturbed.
The disease is chronic, not life threatening, however, without supportive therapy, it can be complicated by dangerous conditions that lead to death.
Signs on the lower limbs
Symptoms of varicose veins appear depending on the degree of the disease. The course of the disease is slow. The first signs appear imperceptibly, the person does not suspect anything.
There are six stages of varicose veins:
- There is a little weight on the legs, fatigue. Small venous nodules appear on the legs.
- The edema in the legs lasts a long time, the pattern of the veins is clearly visible and its bulge, fatigue is difficult to relieve, cramps disturb at night.
- All symptoms of varicose veins in the lower extremities of the first and second degrees are complemented by severe edema, characteristic of the night. They are so strong that everyday shoes are very tight and look small.
- Tissue changes appear. Inflammation of subcutaneous fat. The venous nodules are clearly visible, becoming dark blue, purple or black.
- All signs of the fourth degree. Added to this is the formation of ulcers that heal and heal.
- All signs of the disease are described in other stages, but trophic ulcers do not heal and bleed constantly.
Are there any other symptoms of varicose veins?
Other rarer signs of varicose veins do not occur in everyone. Most of the time, they are in a complicated shape:
- the vein pattern does not appear, instead it becomes almost imperceptible;
- manifestation of eczema, near damaged veins;
- venous thrombosis of the lower extremities;
- ulcers that are difficult to cure;
- open bleeding in the legs.
Why is this disease dangerous?
This disease is considered safe, but if left untreated, it can lead to serious complications. It affects not only the legs, but also disrupts the functioning of other organs and systems in the body. What is the danger of varicose veins - the doctor will tell you during the consultation.
- Due to the strong blood flow to the lower extremities, blood circulation in the body is disturbed. The pressure in the damaged veins increases and decreases in others. This leads to a lack of oxygen. Tissue cells gradually die.
- Impaired blood circulation interferes with the elimination of toxic substances from the body. They accumulate. Edema develops, scars and ulcers form in damaged tissues. In rare cases, this leads to the development of malignant tumors.
- Blood stagnation contributes to the development of thrombophlebitis and thrombosis. It is a threat to life. A blood clot can rupture and obstruct any vessel in the body. It causes heart attacks or strokes, instant death.
Reasons for appearance and prevention problems
The main reasons for the development of varicose veins:
- hereditary factor;
- chronic obesity;
- heavy and prolonged loads on the legs, wearing high-heeled shoes or tight clothes;
- hormonal disorders in women. The increase in estrogen reduces the strength of the veins;
- edema during pregnancy in women.
To prevent varicose veins, it is recommended to limit the load on the legs, monitor the weight. Get tested regularly and have a medical exam.
If varicose veins are suspected, you need to see a phlebologist. It is recommended to lead an active lifestyle, especially when work is sedentary, so that there is no stagnation of blood. Change your posture periodically or get up and walk for a few minutes. A contrast bath will spread blood perfectly throughout the body.
Is psychosomatics important in the development of this disease?
Psychosomatics in the development of varicose veins of the legs in women does not matter. The disease does not develop from a person's psychological mood, but due to physical damage to the body. Lifestyle, nutrition and heredity play an important role in the development of the disease.
How to cure?
For early treatment, just adjust your diet, exercise and use traditional medicine. To find out how to treat varicose veins in the legs of women with a severe course of the disease, consultation with a specialist will help. Perhaps drug treatment or surgery.
The methods of treating varicose veins in women depend on the severity of the disease. In the initial stages, before the formation of ulcers, conservative treatment is prescribed, the use of traditional medicine methods is permitted, preventive measures are important.
With the formation of ulcers and the progression of the disease, sclerotherapy is prescribed - it involves the restoration of the walls of small vessels, laser coagulation - sealing the walls of larger vessels. In severe cases, at risk of thrombosis, the veins are surgically removed.
Preparations for varicose veins are prescribed in the form of ointments, gels and tablets or in combination:
- Systemic venotonics. These include pills based on herbal raw materials: horse chestnut extract, rosehip extract as well as other drugs.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Prescribed to relieve pain.
- External venotonics. Preparations in the form of ointments and gels.
Recommended medication intake courses as part of maintenance therapy.
For varicose veins in the lower extremities, it is recommended to follow a diet. You need to eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Nutrition principles:
- drink a lot of water or juice;
- include vegetables in the diet, are rich in B vitamins;
- eating nuts, berries and cereals;
- add vegetable oils to the diet, as they contain a lot of vitamin E;
- give up alcohol and coffee, they thicken the blood;
- Eliminate fatty foods and fast food from the diet.
Treatment with folk remedies helps strengthen blood vessel walls and relieve pain, as well as improving blood circulation in the body. Basic recipes:
- Hops decoction.Prepare chopped cones and take half an hour before meals, 3 times a day. It is recommended to prepare a new broth for each reception.
- Apple cider vinegar solution.1 tablespoon of this vinegar is diluted in a glass of water and rubbed on your feet.
- Nettle.For the treatment of varicose veins, use a decoction 3 times a day before meals.
- Raw potatoes.Rub the tubers on a fine grater, apply the resulting puree to the veins and wrap with aluminum foil. Removed after 4 hours.
- Garlic with vegetable oil.Chopped garlic is mixed with the oil in equal proportions. Problem areas are stained with a mixture, wrapped and left overnight.
- Kalanchoe.Prepare an alcohol solution. Take 1 time a day before bedtime.
Folk remedies refer to auxiliary measures that can accompany drug therapy with angioprotective and venotoxic agents.
Varicose veins in men
Varicose veins develop less frequently in men than in women. The main reasons: overweight, alcohol and coffee abuse, smoking, unhealthy eating, sedentary lifestyle or constant heavy load on the legs. The disease is usually mild.
In their development, varicose veins pass through 6 stages.
The disease develops slowly; in the early stages, it may go unnoticed.
The disease has a hereditary factor that develops more in women than in men.
For treatment are used: drug treatment, methods of traditional medicine and surgery.