To successfully combat varicose veins in women at home, there are many ways of traditional medicine. Even serious problems with veins can be cured without surgery, if you know some simple tips to help protect female legs from vascular pathologies.
The causes of varicose veins in women
Varicose veins do not appear by chance. The first symptoms that make you think of the weakening of blood vessels are:
- the appearance of venous networks;
- weight on the legs after walking;
- nocturnal awakenings;
- leg cramps;
- traces of edema in the legs;
What causes varicose veins? This is due to a number of reasons:
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Choosing uncomfortable shoes.
- Chronic hypertension.
- Smoking and alcoholism.
- Genetic inheritance.
- Taking certain medications.
- Abuse of tanning.
- Stress, neuroses.
- Elderly age.
Of course, there are more reasons for the appearance of varicose veins, but those listed are fundamental, and 60% of the world population is brought on to venous diseases.
Interesting fact!Most people who suffer from varicose veins are women. Their number among the sick is 80%.
How to treat varicose veins with folk remedies at home
For opponents of conservative medication, there is a great alternative. Products of plant and animal origin help to deal with varicose veins in the same way as tablets.
Our nature is rich in plants that can save us from many diseases. In previous centuries, herbal medicine was the panacea for all diseases. Medicinal herbs could be found in all the huts, but few knew how to correctly calculate the dosage and select the appropriate herbs for the disease. Consider several recipes for internal and external use that help in the treatment of varicose veins:
- Horse chestnut tincture. To prepare the infusion, take 3 tablespoons of flowers and 6 fruits of the plant. Grind it all in a coffee grinder and pour half a liter of vodka. Then, the product should be infused for two weeks in a dark place. With the help of this tool, make lotions for your feet.
- Lemon tea. It is necessary to take two tablespoons of dried linden flowers and pour 200 ml of boiling water over them. This drink should be administered for 20 minutes to infuse and then taken as a normal tea.
- Sage tea. This recipe requires 2 teaspoons of normal black and two teaspoons of dried sage herb. Prepare this mixture with boiling water in a regular teapot and let it ferment for 15 minutes. This drink should be taken daily, adding a slice of lemon to a glass.
- Garlic compress. Mix the chopped garlic with the butter in a 2: 1 ratio. Apply this mixture to the painful veins twice a day, fixing the products on the leg with parchment and a handkerchief, creating a heat compress. You cannot use this method if there are open sores on the skin.
- Absinthe and milk lotions. For such a recipe, you will need sour milk and wormwood. Mix the ingredients in proportion to make porridge. Dip gauze napkins in the resulting mixture and apply to diseased veins.
- Apple vinegar. To effectively get rid of the spider veins, simply apply gauze napkins soaked in apple cider vinegar with water in a 1: 1 ratio, twice a day.
The main contraindications for this alternative treatment are skin diseases and allergic reactions. When using infusions and decoctions for internal use, caution should be exercised in pregnant and lactating women. Before using these recipes, you need to consult an expert.
Also at the pharmacy you can buy ready-made teas or teas that help to strengthen blood vessels, improve blood circulation and reduce edema. They will contain the necessary herbs, the dosage of which is precisely calculated.
Nutrition for varicose veins
Proper nutrition means a complete rejection of alcohol, fatty, fried and highly salty foods. Meals should be timely, about 4-5 times a day in small portions.Consider permitted and prohibited products for varicose veins, for their effective elimination and prevention.
- fruits (except grapes, melons);
- sea buckthorn, olive oil, linseed oil;
- green and black tea;
- beef, horse meat, chicken, rabbit;
- lean fish;
- butter (10g per day);
- rye bread, homemade oatmeal cookies;
- freshly squeezed juices without sugar;
- beans, soybeans;
- Dry fruits;
Among fruits, pay attention to citrus fruits, which prevent oxidative processes in the body and act as powerful antioxidants. They also tend to strengthen the blood vessel walls, reducing their fragility.
Vegetables contribute to the saturation of the body with B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, which are very important for frequent pain and cramps. Look for green vegetables like peppers, cucumbers, spinach, herbs, artichokes, broccoli and celery.
To prevent any disease, it is recommended to focus on protein foods, which is why the daily intake of vegetables and meat is recommended. It must be remembered that the meat must be of low-fat varieties. Better to cook. Fried meat is a direct route to high cholesterol.
Dried fruits are essential for the body because they contain a lot of potassium and magnesium. These trace elements are necessary for the normal functioning of muscles and the nervous system as a whole.
Olive oil and flaxseed oil are direct sources of omega fatty acids, which can effectively clean blood vessels, which will be a good prevention of atherosclerosis.
- chocolate and sweets;
- salted herring;
- flour products;
- fried foods;
- carbonated drinks;
- French fries, fast food.
Salty foods and alcohol cause excessive swelling in the lower extremities, which is extremely dangerous for blood vessels.
Coffee helps to thicken the blood, which impairs blood circulation and causes weight in the legs.
Advice!Do not drink water at night, as fluid retention in your body will reward you with morning swelling, heaviness in your legs and high blood pressure.
Lard, mayonnaise, fast food and fried foods lead to high cholesterol levels and, consequently, to atherosclerosis in the future.
Gymnastics for varicose veins
A few simple exercises at home will help keep your blood vessels healthy and prevent varicose veins in the future:
- Bike. For this exercise, lie on your back on a flat surface. The legs should be bent at the knees and raised so that a 90 degree angle is formed between the abdomen and the hips. In this position, for two minutes, you need to simulate cycling, then take a break and repeat the task.
- Birch. A simple infant exercise that can save blood vessels from varicose veins. If balance is not your strong point, you can do the exercise against the wall. You need to lie on your back. Supporting your elbows on the floor, raise your legs and pelvis as far as possible. In this position, you need to take a minute, then rest and return to the task.
- Swing your legs. Starting position - stand upright, hands on belt. At the first count, lift your leg to the side 70 degrees, hold it in this position for 2 seconds, then gently return to the original position. Repeat the task with the other leg.
- Stairs. The exercise can be done on the floor or on a step. Stand at the end of the step with your toes, put your hands on your belt. It is necessary to go up and down smoothly without lifting your socks off the floor. Do 20 lifts and then rest. Repeat the exercise.
When to see a doctor
Often, patients go to the doctor in the most advanced stages, when varicose veins are difficult to treat. In order not to waste precious time, you should consult a doctor from the beginning, whose symptoms are:
- feeling tired in the legs after walking;
- swelling of the lower extremities;
- night cramps;
- feeling of goosebumps or numbness in the legs;
- painful sensations.
If you listen to your body at the right time, you can avoid the unpleasant consequences of varicose veins. If at least one symptom is found, it is recommended to contact a phlebologist or vascular surgeon as soon as possible for a diagnosis.
Treatment of varicose veins in pregnant women
Pregnancy is a special period in which almost all drugs are contraindicated, which means that other treatment methods are used.
At the end of pregnancy, there is a high load on the lower extremities, causing swelling and weight. In such cases, a pregnant woman should use topical recipes, including wormwood lotions, horse chestnut and apple cider vinegar. Very useful will be footbaths with sea salt, which can relax muscles and blood vessels.
An important point for the expectant mother is nutrition. A well-balanced menu, combined with external methods to get rid of varicose veins, will help to deal with the symptoms of the disease. In addition, to keep the pregnant woman's veins in good condition, it is necessary to use compression underwear. The best option would be to use pantyhose, and a prenatal vest is recommended to protect the vessels of the pelvis. Do not neglect to go to classes for pregnant women, where physiotherapy is widely practiced, focused on muscle, vascular and joint strengthening.
Varicose vein prevention
For the prevention of venous diseases, the following tips are provided:
- Look for proper nutrition.
- Do sports.
- Drink herbal infusions.
- Wear compression stockings.
- Stop smoking and alcohol.
- Monitor the state of the body when taking hormonal medications.
- Wear good quality orthopedic shoes.
- Take a contrast bath.
- Abandon the leg-to-leg pose.
These simple tips will help to prevent the manifestations of varicose veins and strengthen the entire cardiovascular system.
Useful fact!If traveling, be sure to arm yourself in compression underwear, as during a long journey the vessels weaken and can cause swelling, in addition to other unpleasant symptoms.
Three years ago, a phlebologist diagnosed me with varicose veins. I started taking medicinal herbs and I am taking tincture of horse chestnut. I also bought compression pants for the hot season. The swelling has subsided, the night cramps are less disturbing.
I discovered the first signs of varicose veins during pregnancy, after which I periodically feel numbness and a burning sensation in my legs, especially after exertion. After I changed my shoes for orthopedic shoes and bought compression pantyhose, I started to feel much better. The legs do not get tired at the end of the day. I usually do exercises at home, I believe they have a positive effect on varicose veins.
And I got rid of varicose veins with the help of sports and hardening. For 4 years, every day I take a contrast bath and do a 15 minute jog at night. In general, I forgot what sick blood vessels and poor blood circulation are. She also taught her daughter this way of life. I advise everyone.