Varicose veins develop over several years, sometimes decades. Therefore, treating leg varicose veins with popular methods is popular not only among patients but also among physicians. After all, conservative therapy involves the use of long-term medications, often during the course. As an alternative method, alternative treatment can provide effective assistance: it has almost no contraindications, practically no side reactions, is affordable, and can be used for a long period.
In addition, traditional medicine offers a wide choice for external use and oral administration - you'll see this by reading our article.
Over the long centuries of existence of traditional medicine, types of medicines such as decoctions, tinctures, ointments and compresses have emerged. Proper nutrition and physical activity are also an integral part of treating any illness.
Decoctions and Dyes
Decoctions and tinctures based on natural ingredients are an excellent folk remedy for varicose veins. It's the power of nature that makes them so effective and easy to make. Many of these recipes have been known for decades and have been handed down from generation to generation.
Indian Chestnut Tincture
Horse chestnut is famous for its medicinal properties.
The base of the dye is taken from the fruits or inflorescences of the plant. For 500 ml of vodka or 40% alcohol, 50 g of raw nuts should be ingested. After that, the tincture should be left in the dark for at least 2 weeks, it should be shaken regularly.
The tincture should be 40 drops every day for a month.
Onion or garlic tincture
To prepare this tincture, 350 g of honey are needed for 250 g of peeled and finely chopped garlic or onion, after which it mixes well. He stays in a dark place for a week. This remedy should be taken three times a day, one tablespoon for 60 days.
A good remedy for treating varicose veins is verbena - a natural venotonic.
15 g of dried verbena leaves are prepared in a cup of boiling water, drinks like tea.
Hop cone decoction
To prepare this broth, you need 2 tbsp. me. hop cones, mash them and pour boiling water, then bring them to the desired state in a bain-marie for 15 minutes. The broth is defended for half an hour, then it must be filtered. It is taken 200 ml three times a day before meals. Also, the broth can be used for compresses.
How to make ointment for varicose veins
Traditional recipes for varicose veins on legs have always included various ointments. Here are two of the most popular recipes for homemade ointments for lower extremity varicose veins.
varicose herbal ointment
This ointment contains:
- 10 tbspeu. chopped fresh comfrey root;
- 2 tbsp. me. dried crushed comfrey leaves;
- 2 tbsp. me. chestnut flowers;
- 2 tbsp. me. acacia flowers.
The base of the ointment is the internal fat of pork - 4 tbsp. After mixing, the ointment must be filtered, drained into a bottle and cooled.
A thick layer of ointment is applied to the wounded skin and fixed with a bandage. You need to walk like this for 2 days with an interval of the same duration, the course of treatment is 5 procedures.
Bee product ointment
This ointment is made up of 2 parts beeswax, 1 part olive oil and 1 part propolis.
After mixing, it should be applied to sick limbs twice a day until the stars disappear.
Compresses and apps
Compresses are a classic folk remedy for varicose veins. Due to their long-term effect on the surface of the skin and protruding veins, the compresses have a complex effect because the medicinal substances contained in them act not only on the surface of the skin, but also penetrate into it. There are several common compress recipes for leg varicose veins.
Cabbage leaf compress
An express compress for varicose veins of the lower extremities may be ordinary whole leaves of white cabbage. For better contact, fresh crushed leaves should be lathered with washing powder. Afterwards, the leaves are wrapped around the sick legs and wrapped with a cloth over them to resist all night.
For this compress, only a true wild forest fern is suitable, home decoration does not have such pronounced healing properties.
To make a compress, you need to collect the fern leaves and grind them well until the juice appears. Then, sour milk, preferably homemade, is added to the resulting mass. After mixing well and applying a gauze bandage, the compress is wrapped around the affected legs.
During the fruiting period of the tomato fruit compresses are a simple and popular treatment for varicose veins. For the manufacture of such a compress, fruits of any degree of ripeness can be used.
Fruits should be cut into circles a few millimeters thick and placed around the affected areas of the legs.
When using unripe fruits, a burning sensation may occur, in which case the compress is removed and the skin is washed with cold water. The procedure must be done regularly.
To make a Kalanchoe compress, you need its leaves, crushed into mush, as well as 40% alcohol or vodka. After infusing the resulting mixture for a week in the dark, the mixture is used as a normal compress and applied overnight.
Moderate physical activity has a positive effect on health. However, not everyone realizes the importance of keeping physical activity at a sufficient level. With varicose veins, it is the complex effect of moderate exercise, therapeutic massage, and other medical procedures that becomes a faithful assistant on the path to health. And if we are talking about physical exercises, then this should be understood as physical therapy exercises, but in no case as exercises in the gym, or as weeding out a personal plot.
Home treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies includes exercise. The fundamentals of physiotherapy exercises can be consulted at the nearest clinic, where the doctor will consult and draw up a set of exercises and a schedule for their performance in a special office.
There are several exercises recommended for varicose veins for daily use:
- Before starting physical therapy exercises, it is necessary to warm up all parts of the body. The warm-up should start with the neck, going deeper and lower, ending with exercises for the legs;
- Lying on the floor: exercise bike or scissors;
- Swing your legs forward, backward or sideways. In order not to lose your balance, it is better to cling to something;
- Rolling from heel to toes. It is highly recommended for varicose veins, it must be present in all classes.
Not all exercises are beneficial. With varicose veins, the following is prohibited:
- Any type of strength exercise with heavy weights;
- Normal jump and jump rope;
- Active running;
- Any type of squat;
- Intense stretching.
Products and juices
Food is the body's main source of energy, which is why nutrition has a big impact on our health.
Unhealthy diet is often the main cause of the most common illnesses.
If veins appear in the legs, treatment with folk remedies is the first thing that comes to mind.
An unhealthy diet can be excessive and unhealthy foods in the diet. The consequences of such a diet are a lot of human diseases:
- Heart pathology;
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus;
Knowing your caloric intake per day, the characteristics of a particular product, you can form your own diet.
The balance of salt water is the foundation for well-being and health. You need to drink just enough to not feel thirsty, at the same time not to overdo it - this can lead to edema. It is better to drink filtered water or bottled drinking water.
You can treat varicose veins in your legs with home remedies, with a diet. There are several groups of products that need special attention, describing their harm and benefits for the organism with varicose veins. The list of healthy foods for varicose veins includes:
- Water. It is important to remember that liquid from first courses and drinks is also taken into account for the water consumed during the day;
- Dry fruits. They perform two functions at the same time: on the one hand, they replace sugar in dishes and, on the other hand, they contain high concentrations of useful trace elements, metals and vitamins;
- Vegetables. Contains fiber. The most important goal is the release of energy during the collapse and with the complete absence of fat. It should also be kept in mind that fiber intake does not affect insulin levels in any way;
- Me at. Preference should be given to dietary varieties (chicken, veal), steamed or boiled;
- Seaweed. A unique source of trace elements and vitamins.
- Cereals. Traditionally, cereals are the most common and popular side dish for most of the world's population. For any ailment, experienced doctors first recommend the use of 3 cereals: oats, buckwheat and rice;
- Seafood and fish. These foods are the main source of omega-3 saturated fats;
- Fruits and Berries. Having lost the ability to create vitamin C in one's own body, one is forced to consume it with food, and fruits and berries are its main source;
- Juices. Juice means a freshly squeezed drink made from fruit or berries. Only this juice will be beneficial for health and will contain a lot of vitamins and minerals needed by the body. If the juice is too sour, it is best to dilute it with water, under no circumstances add sugar;
- Olive oil. This oil contains large amounts of vitamin E and doctors recommend using it as a salad dressing.
You also need to know the list of products that have a negative impact on human health with varicose veins:
- Salt. It is necessary for the body, but in excess, it violates the water-salt balance and leads to edema;
- Candy. Increased sugar content in foods often leads to obesity, which affects the development of varicose veins;
- carbonated beverages;
- Strong tea and coffee. Make the blood more viscous;
- Fried, spiced and smoked foods. They all contribute to vascular inflammation;
- Alcohol. First, it causes swelling in the legs, causes blood clots to appear.
If you follow the above recommendations, you can significantly improve your health and help ease the course of varicose veins.
The effectiveness of treatment with folk remedies
Folk remedies are not able to completely alleviate varicose veins in the legs, but they show themselves perfectly as part of a comprehensive treatment.
The use of medicines from the traditional medicine piggy bank can only have a visible effect with prolonged and regular use. Before using any product, it is necessary to consult a doctor, as some products can cause allergies.