Varicose veins are a very common diagnosed pathology. The disease occurs in men and women with enviable regularity. In the absence of therapy, pathological varicose veins greatly impair the quality of human life. Specially selected exercises for varicose veins help to get rid of severe symptoms. There are many different complexes, we will talk about them today.
The benefits of therapeutic exercises
Human legs experience tremendous physical stress during the day. This causes pathological expansion and elongation of the veins, as well as the formation of varicose veins. To prevent further deterioration of the patient's condition, it is recommended to strengthen the walls of the vascular bed with the help of physical therapy exercises.
Important!An excellent therapeutic result is given by yoga, pilates, swimming pool, water aerobics without excessive load.
Therapeutic exercise has many positive effects:
- Improved blood microcirculation. Running, swimming, or regular exercise helps to strengthen the muscles, which encourages the restoration of impaired venous blood flow. Veins do not have their own muscular system and need additional support to function fully.
- Improve the work of the heart muscle. Therapeutic gymnastics has a general strengthening effect. Regular exercise makes the heart work harder, which helps to speed up blood flow in the legs.
- Stimulation of metabolic processes. Any physical activity, be it a short run or a regular walk, has a tonic effect on the body. During classes, not only blood flow is accelerated, but also the course of all metabolic processes. The result is increased oxygen flow to tissues, better nutrition and restoration of impaired functionality.
- Elimination of edema. Charging helps not only disperse blood but also stimulate lymph flow.
It is these possibilities of physical therapy that explain its wide use in the treatment of varicose veins.
Characteristics of physical activity
Not all exercises provide therapeutic benefits. Patients will be totally contraindicated in intense exercise as it will only worsen the patient's condition. You have to stop running long distances, lifting weights.
Performing exercises, you need to listen to your own feelings and not overwork.
a set of exercises
For the treatment of varicose veins, a set of special exercises has been developed, recommended to be performed twice a day. The duration of the class is not more than half an hour.
You need to conduct the class at your own pace, avoiding physical overload. Ideally, this is the following regimen: 5 minutes of activity, followed by a few minutes of rest. If you feel bad, it is better to refuse gymnastics.
The main set of exercises for all types of ailments
Below is a set of exercises recommended by phlebologists for all types of varicose veins.
- The back is pressed to the floor, the leg is bent at the knee joint, pulled to the chest. Straighten it, slow it down and lower it to the surface of the floor. Repeat the movement with the other limb.
- The back is pressed to the floor, the legs are bent at the knees, raised above the floor. We straighten the limbs as much as possible, fix and transfer to the starting position.
- The back is pressed completely into the surface of the floor, the legs are raised towards the ceiling, straightened. We do foot rotations. Then alternate flexion/extension.
- We sit in a chair, the heels are pressed into the floor. We carry out the movement of the socks in different directions.
- The stomach is pressed to the floor, the arms along the body. We lift the leg, fix it for a second or two. We lowered the leg.
- We stand straight, hands down. As we inhale, we lift our hands, standing on tiptoe. As you exhale, lift one leg back and up - the "swallow" pose.
- We redistribute body weight, rolling from heel to toe.
The lesson ends with walking on tiptoe and heel. Finish the exercise with steps in place with a high hip lift.
The following complex is intended for the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Lie down on a flat surface. Two or three pillows should be placed under the feet, which will help to drain the veins. Lie down for 5-7 minutes.
- We lie on the floor, legs bent at the knee joints, feet pressed to the floor, palms on hips. As you inhale, lift your torso, lower it as you exhale. The palms glide over the body.
- We lie on the floor, arms along the body, legs slightly raised. As we inhale, we bend into the lower back. Try lifting the top of your buttocks off the floor. On exhalation, take the starting position.
- The back is pressed to the floor, arms along the body, legs bent. As we inhale, we pull the stomach, while exhaling, we inflate.
- Standing, feet together, hands free. When inhaling, we stretch on tiptoe, when exhaling, we lower ourselves.
You need to do it regularly. Gymnastics will help not only to reduce the number of clinical manifestations of varicose veins, but also to prevent the development of serious complications such as thrombophlebitis and trophic ulcers.
A set of exercises for the upper limbs
To reduce the manifestations of varicose veins on the hands, you need to perform the following exercises:
- Lying on your back with a pillow under your neck. Arms and legs straight, raised, feet parallel to the floor. Breathing is regular, without delay. We started shaking our limbs. The duration of the exercise is 3 minutes.
- Standing, hands behind your head. We do body turns.
- We stayed straight. Hands forward at shoulder height, palms clenched into fists. We open our palms, spreading our fingers as much as possible.
- Standing straight. Hands are extended to the ceiling. We clench/open our fists. Then we lower our hands and repeat the movements.
Complex for pelvic exercises
The following exercises will help prevent varicose veins from developing in the pelvic area:
- Exercise "Bicycle". While performing, the back and lower back are firmly supported on the floor.
- Lie on your back on the floor, hands free. We make crosses with the legs, imitating the blades of the scissors.
- Stay on your shoulder blades until you feel slight fatigue.
- Half squat. We stand, legs shoulder-width apart. We do squats at knee level, fix the position and understand the body.
- Sitting on the floor, emphasis with your hands behind you. One leg is bent at the knee joint, standing on the floor. Raise/lower the other leg. Then we perform an identical movement with the other leg.
During the day, it is advisable to perform a few more exercises.
- We stayed straight. We descend / ascend on tiptoe.
- We simulated the walk on site. Socks don't come off the floor.
- Stand tall, hands free. We inhale, shoulders back, exhale relaxation.
- Stand tall, hands free. On inhalation, we bring our hands to the ceiling, legs on tiptoe, on exhalation, we relax.
A good result is the tension of the gluteal muscles.
Exercises to prevent varicose veins
Successful prevention of varicose veins can be carried out daily by performing a special gymnastic complex:
- Lying on the floor, arms along the body, legs raised on a chair. We perform flexion/extension of the feet.
- Lying down, arms along the body. The legs are lifted and spread out as far as possible, but without discomfort. Fingers are pulled back. We perform the rotation of the ankles to the right/left.
- Lying down, arms along the body, legs bent at the knees. We perform rotation in the knee joints.
- Blade support. Let's swing the legs.
At the end of gymnastics, jumping on tiptoe. If desired, skipping the rope is allowed, which will strengthen the muscles of the hands. Exercise scheme: 15 repetitions, then a short break and repeat the cycle.
Other ways to treat the disease
It is possible to enhance the effect of implementing therapeutic and preventive complexes. This will help:
- massage sessions;
- diet food.
Varicose veins are a disease that requires restriction of physical activity. When diagnosing the pathology, the patient may be recommended to swim.
Exercises in a sitting or lying position will be helpful. Pilates and yoga classes give good results by stretching and strengthening the muscles.
Massage for varicose veins is performed locally, which allows you to stimulate blood flow directly to the area of inflamed veins. The procedure must be performed by a qualified specialist.
Wearing compression underwear will help improve the effect of massage procedures.
The diet for varicose pathology provides for some food restriction. The diet should contain the maximum amount of products that have a positive effect on the condition of the vascular walls and the composition of the blood.
Important!The daily menu should include foods rich in vitamin C.
Seafood contains essential vitamins and minerals. They prevent pathological stretching of the venous walls.
It is essential that the menu includes foods rich in fiber. Normalizes intestinal motility, preventing the development of constipation. Such nutrition contributes to weight loss, which positively affects the course of the disease.
Contraindications of physical therapy
There are therapeutic exercises and their contraindications. With varicose veins, it is important not to overload the affected limbs. It is necessary to completely abandon sports activities that involve performing static exercises or a significant load of power. If you have been diagnosed with this disease, you should give up bodybuilding.
In the case of the development of varicose veins, it is necessary to perform exercises that are not accompanied by muscle tension.
So, is it possible to play sports with varicose veins? Yes, but it is necessary to take into account the recommendations of the attending physician. Varicose veins are a serious condition that is diagnosed quite often. The implementation of special gymnastic complexes allows you to consolidate the results of treatment and even avoid surgery. But you need to train every day, without breaks.