In the initial stages of the disease rarely bothers patients. However, the presence of varicose veins, even if they are not disturbed, already poses a great danger to the life, as at any time can be the most dangerous complication is thrombophlebitis.
Varicose veins are damaged valves allow the blood to penetrate the superficial venous system, with the result that there is an increase in pressure, which leads to their expansion. The blood flow slowed down, reduced tissue oxygenation, there are ulcers.
- heredity; hereditary vascular fragility
- long static load
- a sedentary lifestyle
- hormonal medications and hormonal disorders
- leg injuries
- weight lifting, overload (e.g., sudden start of exercise after years of sedentary lifestyle)
The risk group includes people equally young and old people:
- those who wear high heels;
- athletes whose classes are linked with a large load on the legs (tennis, weightlifting, bodybuilding);
- occupation forces during the working day for hours to stand on my feet, driving, computer, hairdressers, salespeople, teachers, waiters and members of other professions who spend a lot of time standing;
- "sedentary" professions and those who loves to throw the legs;
- lovers of coffee and alcohol because these products dehydrate the body and thus thicken the blood, complicating her way back to the heart.
How to recognize the disease:
If by the end of the day, you feel heaviness in the legs and your favorite shoes have become tight due to pulmonary edema, so it's the first signs. Recurrent cramping pain in the calf must also be alerted.
Eye noticeable changes in the veins usually start small – with the appearance of spider veins.
In the future irreversible processes in the large veins, they come to the surface, their walls in some places thinner and they look knobby.
Nutrition and diet
Diet for varicose veins is the maximum of vegetables and fruits, low salted and smoked. A diet low in animal protein, fats and refined carbohydrates. From spicy foods thickens the blood, which leads to the formation of blood clots. Vodka, cognac and whiskey are similar. It is recommended to eat less meat. No wonder the Papuans and peoples of the Far East, who prefer vegetarian food, never suffer from this disease.
To include in the diet of fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, foods rich in fiber, with a high content of vitamin C, rutin. From plant products useful to all. Here, the principle of ABC, where A and carrots In lettuce and the herbs and citrus. To this list we should add another two very important vitamin, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels. This vitamin E contained in olive oil, and vitamin e included in walnuts, green tea, and rose. Vitamins C and E, which are components of collagen - the connective tissue of the veins and venous valves. Wonderfully enrich Vienna with essential nutrients and make them more elastic the sprouted grains of wheat and rye, peas, beans and green onions. A special place is the garlic.
Scientists have proved that garlic has a beneficial effect on the blood. This is manifested in the prevention of blood clots in blood vessels - blood clots obstructing or overlapping blood flow.
To summarize nearly thirty scientific experiments, which tested the effect of garlic on blood viscosity, then briefly it can be defined as follows: if to take garlic for a certain period of time, you can expect to increase the level of lysis of intravascular thrombi by 50%. In addition to promoting resorption of blood clots in the blood, garlic also prevents thrombocytes grow and harden, and thus form clots.
Every day eat together with food 2-3 cloves of garlic. This contributes to lowering blood pressure, cleaning vessels from atherosclerotic deposits, strengthening of the walls and the prevention of varicose veins, etc.
If you have early signs of varicose veins, compliance with fairly simple rules will allow you to slow and in some cases and avoid its further development.
- Do not get carried away hot tubs, sauna, a longer stay in the sun. All of the above reduces venous tone and leads to stagnation of blood in the lower extremities.
- To move more. Strengthen veins and improve circulation will help regular exercise. Aerobics, Jogging, swimming at a moderate regime contribute to the health of your veins.
- To reduce the weight. Especially susceptible to this disease people who are overweight. In the blood vessels of man is full of more blood than a person with normal weight, so such vessels have too much pressure. People who are overweight in such a situation can only give one piece of advice - lose weight and keep your weight normal.
- Do not wear tight clothing, stockings and socks with tight elastic bands, as this leads to compression of the veins. But support tights and stockings, to some extent, help to prevent varicose veins.
- Evenly alternate loads, never remaining long in the same position.
- Do not sit legs crossed! Throwing one knee on the other, creates an obstacle to blood flow.
- Move. Varicose veins can cause long standing, since in this case interferes with the normal blood flow. Try to move weight, if you have to stand for long. Prolonged sitting is also not good for you: try from time to time to get up and move around the room or walking every half-hour.
- Exercise in the morning. Before bedtime and upon waking for 3-5 minutes to turn the toes and the feet - this improves circulation in the lower extremities.
- Not to wear heels and tight shoes.
- Wash his feet with cold water after work.
- More walk in the dew and the edge of the ponds in the summer.
If you don't have varicose veins, but only predisposed to it, to prevent useful is a daily self-massage with soft strokes and kneading of the feet upwards.
If the diagnosis "varicose veins" is already delivered, massage the feet is forbidden!
Lack of exercise and chronic constipation factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins.
If you feel heaviness in the legs, in the evening after work, during sleep and rest the legs should be kept in a good condition. When you are resting, reading a book, watching TV – put your legs up. Can put a large pillow or cushion.
If your work is accompanied with a seat at the table or you're standing for a long time, it is necessary to frequently change the position of the feet, stepping in place, rotate the foot.
After a shower or bath, rinse your feet with cold water. There are sports that are useful in this disease is primarily swimming, but also walking, Jogging, Cycling, skiing.
Wellness and medical gymnastics:
High benefits the daily performance of special exercises:
- Lifting on socks. Starting position – stand straight, feet parallel to each other and pressed one to another. At the expense of time - rise to the socks, on the count of two to get down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Instep (toes apart). Starting position – we stand directly, heels together, toes apart. At the expense of time - rise to the socks, on the count of two to get down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Rise (feet apart). Starting position – we stand directly, socks together, heels apart. In this position, at the expense of time - rise to the socks, on the count of two to get down to the starting position. Repeat 20-30 times.
- Another useful exercise is the "Bicycle" from the supine position. Very important - when you perform this exercise, straighten the legs until the end.
These simple exercises you can perform even doing daily chores (when you cook the oatmeal or standing by the photocopier in the office). Be healthy!